Turkish Airlines rules for traveling with a portable oxygen concentrator
Flying with oxygen is not for everyone. The passenger must therefore have a medical certificate from his doctor when taking the flight. Turkish Airlines has different guidelines and conditions regarding the use of oxygen during flight. Therefore, when booking, the passenger must indicate that he is going to bring this medical equipment or that he needs an oxygen supply during the flight.
What is safe and important is that Turkish Airlines allows its customers to take their POC on board for free provided they are of one of the following brands:
– Medical EasyPulse, International BiophysicsLifeChoice, Oxlife Independence Oxygen Concentrator, Oxus RS-00400, InvacareSolo2, Respironics EverGo, Respironics SimplyGo, Inova Labs LifeChoice Activox, Inova LabsLifeChoice, Invacare XPO2, DeVilbiss Healthcare iGo, LifeStyle, AirSep Focus, AirSep FreeStyle 5, Inogen One , Inogen One G2, Inogen One G3, Delphi RS-00400, Precision Medical EasyPulse, SeQual SAROS Portable Oxygen Concentrator and SeQual Eclipse.
– The Turkish carrier is always prepared to welcome passengers traveling with their oxygen device. However, you must submit your request to transport this equipment in advance (48 hours before departure or more) in order to give the board agents enough time to provide them with the necessary environment for a peaceful trip on board.
Traveling with a portable oxygen concentrator on the plane? Feel free to:
– Ask your doctor if your current state of health allows you to make this trip.
– Check well in advance what medical services are available at the place of destination.
– Obtain a mobile oxygen concentrator
On doctor’s prescription, patients can obtain a mobile concentrator, which is recharged on the mains or by batteries. Many cantonal lung leagues rent this type of device, especially for holidays.
If the concentrator is only needed during travel, a very small device is enough.
If the concentrator is also needed at night, the device will be larger, because the oxygen supply by small devices is not 100% guaranteed.
Check well in advance what are the rules applied by Turkish Airlines in terms of mobile concentrators, by calling its customer service.
A form must be signed at the airport authorizing the transport of an oxygen concentrator in the cabin, by his attending physician.
Passengers suffering from a lung problem should remember to take out travel insurance, especially if they will be leaving their country, and should also request a customs certificate from the Cantonal Lung League for the device, in order to avoid paying fees. customs officers at the airport.
A passenger planning to travel with a portable oxygen concentrator must always request a certificate from their doctor, confirming that it is a therapeutic device.
It will also be preferable for him to carry the necessary medication in sufficient quantity, and check what the current voltage is at the place of destination and what type of outlet is necessary while carrying the corresponding adapter. In addition to all this, the battery must be well charged in advance.