Plan in advance the travel of your child who will fly alone with SunExpress
For parents who want to fly their children, SunExpress reassures them that they will be in good hands from the moment they arrive at the airport until they disembark the plane.
It’s completely normal, there are times when you can’t all travel together, either because of schedules or in an emergency, if for some reason you need your son or daughter take a flight on their own, there is a way.
How much does it cost to transport minor travelers alone on SunExpress flights?
First of all, you should know that it is possible for minors to travel alone on SunExpress planes. The service is offered for passengers between the ages of 5 and 12. Travelers between the ages of 12 and 16 can also book this service, which is optional for them.
For the cost of the service, the parents of the child must pay in addition to the reservation of the plane ticket, other costs relating to the care of the little traveler during the flight. The service fee is set at 44.99€ on international flights, and ₺79.99 on domestic flights.
To book this travel service for a minor alone, it is mandatory to contact the SunExpress call center in advance: at least 48 hours if the flight is international, and more than 2 hours if the flight is domestic.
Procedures to follow for a successful trip for their children alone on board
Regardless of the departure airport, you as a Parent must meet certain requirements, apart from those requested by the airline for the accompaniment of minors. These may vary depending on whether it is a domestic or international flight, as well as the age of the minor.
– On a domestic flight
If your flight is for a domestic destination, minors between the ages of 5 and 16 can travel alone, provided they are accompanied by an adult at the airport. The person in charge must have a valid government-issued ID and complete the paperwork requested by the airline.
If the accompanying person is not the legal guardian of the child or the parent, he must have the written agreement of one of them, a copy of his identity document, and the minor must bring his birth certificate or CURP.
– On international flights
SunExpress authorizes minors to travel alone on international flights, but in which, if they can, they request a format issued by the National Institute for Migration (INM) which bears the name of Minor Exit Format.
This is taken out free of charge by the INM, and authorized by the parents or any person having guardianship of the non-accompanying person on the flight.
If you need your child to travel alone on an international flight, you must come to the INM representative office beforehand with the SAM Format, which you can find online and fill in and print, together with the documentation next:
– Minor’s passport
– Birth certificate
– Valid ID of the parent or guardian,
– Companion’s valid ID
Each of its documents must be presented and provided to the agent of the airport, with three copies.
Traveling outside the Schengen area and outside the countries of the European Union
Whether you have Turkish nationality, or that of an EU country, the Schengen area or other countries, the minor needs:
– Valid passport or ID
– For special documents, such as visas, it will be necessary to contact the embassy of the place of destination in your country to obtain more details.
– Minors under the age of 16 unaccompanied by their father, mother or guardian must present at the check-in counters a signed declaration of authorization to travel outside the national territory with the authorization of the father, mother or guardian obtained with the police stations, Civil Guard stations, courts, notaries and mayors.
– It is recommended to go to the consulate to obtain information on the specific requirements for unaccompanied minors, which may vary depending on the country of destination.
– Internal authorization document of the corresponding airline (SunExpress) signed to be given to the staff of the departure airport on the day of the flight.